Tuesday, February 23, 2010

THE HOMINIDS OF HUBEI: Monsters,Museums & Military Bases



Earlier this year I conducted a solo expedition into the remote Shennongjia National Park in central China.The goal was to collect more information about the cryptid known as the Chinese wild man or YEREN.
Unfortunately,I had to cut short my stay after I was stopped by local police in the town of Songbai and asked to leave immediately(apparently the park is littered with military installations).However,I was still able to visit several remote valleys and take numerous photos that might add insight to this zoological phenomenon which has been recorded for over 900 years.
Below are a series of photos taken from the Laoujun Shan(mountain) region. The last two are of a billboard for the nature museum in Songbai which show a very interesting depiction of a Yeren.
Mr. A